THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
- « COUNSELING & FAMILY
- SHERMAN ACADEMY
- OCEAN BEACH ELEMENTARY
- ROOSEVELT MIDDLE SCHOOL
- CONTACT BUILDING BRIDGES
- STAFF PROFILES
Healthy StartThe Healthy Start Building Bridges program is a collaboration between YMCA Youth & Family Services (YFS), communities, schools and families. Healthy Start Building Bridges offers services at Roosevelt Middle School, Sherman Academy and Ocean Beach Elementary School. YFS and community partners collaborate to provide free counseling, mentoring, family support, parent education and teacher support.
Building Bridges Program
Who we serve:
- Referred students, families and teachers at Roosevelt Middle School, Sherman Academy and Ocean Beach Elementary School.
Who We Are:
Services are provided by coordinators at each school site.
- Coordinators work with the community and school to enhance student and family health.
- Case management - connecting families and students to needed resources
- Individual and family counseling
- Group counseling - including social skills, anger management and school motivation
- Parent support
- School personnel support
The Healthy Start Building Bridges program is offered to students, families and teachers at the following school sites:
Click on a school below to find out more
CONTACT:Melissa Morais Parr, LMFT 52656
619-543-9850 ext. 12431
Copyright © 2013 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site