THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
Compass family center
Helping Special-Needs Families Find Direction
YMCA COMPASS provides family-centered support for those caring for a child or adult with special needs.Services include Counseling and Special Education Advocacy.
Who We Serve:
- Families caring for children and adults with a wide range of disabilities
- No specific eligibility criteria
- Special needs is defined broadly and includes developmental and physical disabilities, chronic illness, learning differences and mental health needs.
- Includes diagnoses of Autism Spectrum, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Bipolar Disorder and ADHD.
Who We are:
- Counseling provided by Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Registered interns.
- Advocacy provided by Special Education Advocates who have completed the Special Education Advocacy Program at University of San Diego.
What We Do:
- Family and individual counseling for parents, caregivers, siblings and children with special needs.
- Help families cope with challenges that come with having a child with a disability.
- Special Education Advocacy including consultations and advocacy representation.
- Services offered on a sliding scale based on family income.
Copyright © 2013 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site