THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
For over 35 years, YMCA Youth & Family Services has been providing
Counseling Services across San Diego County.
Who we serve:
- Children, ages 5 to 12
- Youth, ages 13 to 18
- Y Employees
- Y Members
- Therapy works to strengthen individuals and families with the goal of improving their functioning in relationships and to the world at large.
- As individuals gain insight about themselves in relation to their partner, children, family, they are able to respond more thoughtfully and their relationships improve, enhancing their ability to reach ones fullest potential.
- Individuals will gain clarity, identify their own strengths and weaknesses, and recognize their options, so they can address their difficulties more successfully with a stronger sense of self.
- The therapy hour belongs to the individual and provides a place to address self-identified issues of concern.
- Individuals will gain an understanding of how the emotional process in the family translates into anxiety, symptoms, and problems.
- The therapist will share his/her knowledge and way of thinking about problems while respecting the individual’s limits.
- Individuals will take what is learned in therapy, make observations about their lives, and put new skills into practice.
- Low cost/sliding-scale, confidential counseling services in Central San Diego
- Individual counseling with adults of all ages
- Couples and relationship counseling
- Child, adolescent and family therapy
- Victims Of Crimes (VOC), including domestic violence and child abuse
- Child Welfare referrals requiring TERM approved therapists
Bilingual English/Spanish counseling available
4080 Centre Street Suite 105
San Diego, CA 92103
619-543-9850 Ext. 103
Mon - Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm
Day appointments: Mon - Fri
Evening appointments: Mon - Thur
About Our Services
- Sliding-scale payment schedules: cash, check and major credit cards accepted
- 20% discount to YMCA employees
and their families
- 10% discount to all San Diego County YMCA members
- Bilingual English/Spanish counselor available
- TERM approved therapists
- Accept VOC, CPS and Court mandated referrals
- Child & Adolescent Treatment
- Couples Counseling
- Individuals & Families