THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
- « COUNSELING & FAMILY
- FAMILIES UNITED
- BUILDING BRIDGES
- TIDES SCHOOL-BASED
- INCLUSION PROGRAM
- KINSHIP SUPPORT
Families united Group conferencing
YMCA Families United Family Group Conferencing is a three
year federally funded demonstration project that is partnering with the County
of San Diego Child Welfare Services (CWS) to offer and provide a model of service
called Family Group Conferencing (FGC) throughout San Diego County.
Who We Serve:
- Families that have an open voluntary case with Child Welfare Services and who have been referred by a CWS Voluntary Supervisor in San Diego County
Who We Are:
- Services are provided by Families United Coordinators who are trained in the American Human Society Family Group Decision Making Model
- All coordinators hold Master's level degrees
What We Do:
- Provide Family Group Conference (including preparation and follow-up) for families to allow development of their own plan to address the concerns of Child Welfare
- Services can be provided in Spanish
- Assist families with expanding their support network (family, friends, neighbors, providers, etc.)
- Up to five FGC meetings as needed
- Ongoing support to assist the family in achieving their identified goals
- Accessibility to education and resource materials within the community
4080 Centre Street, Suite 103
San Diego, CA 92103
619.543.9850 ext. 12441
meet the team
Estavillo is a Families United program coordinator and a bilingual marriage and family therapy intern.
Read his profile
Gwendolyn Shelton is a Families United program coordinator. Read her profile.
Robin Pepper is a Families United program coordinator and marriage and family therapy intern. Read her profile.
Copyright © 2013 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site