THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
TIDES (Therapeutic Interventions Designed to Empower Students)
TIDES is a Medi-Cal funded EPSDT (Early Prevention, Diagnostics and Treatment) program that offers support to youth and their families by providing a variety of counseling services.
Services are offered to students and families at several elementary, middle, and high schools in Central San Diego.
Who we serve:
- Students who are struggling with emotional or behavioral problems at school, home or in the community
- Building client and family strengths
- Positive outcome results
- Development of client and community interaction
- Interface with culturally sensitive staff members
- Ensure client safety within home and school setting
- Prevent juvenile unlawful behavior
- Enhance school performance
- Improve and support mental health functioning for client and family
Specific Services include:TIDES therapists work closely with school personnel to enhance the effectiveness of therapeutic services.
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Medication Evaluation
- Medication Monitoring
- Case Management
*The TIDES Brochure is available in English and Spanish.
TIDES Program locations:
TIDES Counseling Services are offered to students and families at several elementary, middle, and high schools in Central San Diego.
- Birney Elementary
- Clay Elementary
- Kimbrough Elementary
- Perkins Elementary
- Sherman Elementary
- Roosevelt Middle
- San Diego High School
Main Counseling OfficeServices at our main counseling facility are open to everyone who meets the eligibility requirements.
4080 Centre Street, Suite 105
San Diego, CA 92103
TIDES Program Eligibility RequirementsTIDES Program offers free or sliding-scale services based on the following criteria.
- Students with full scope Medi-Cal up to age 18
- Students with Healthy Families insurance who exhibit Socially/Emotionally Disturbed behavior
Students with no mental health insurance benefits up to age 21
*Fee is based on family size & income
Copyright © 2013 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site