We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
oz san diego
YMCA Oz San Diego is an intensive two week residential treatment program for youth ages 12-17. While in treatment, youth attend counseling sessions and engage in daily enrichment and recreational activities.
Upon completion of the residential treatment program, the youth and family are able to return for 8 family therapy aftercare sessions.
The program is based on positive youth development, focusing on youth strengths and development of coping, communication, and life skills.
Treatment issues can include but are not limited to:
Who We Serve:
- Teens, ages 12-17, who are experiencing personal, interpersonal, school or family difficulties
- Runaway and/or homeless youth seeking a safer alternative and/or to return home
What We Do:
- Safe housing for up to 21 days
- Structured and supportive environment
- 24-hour supervision
- Development of coping, communication and life skills
- Counseling support for the entire family
- Aftercare support for the family
What's the next step?
- Call Oz and residential staff will collect initial information over the phone and answer any questions.
- Families will be called back to schedule an intake appointment once a bed becomes available.
- Program fees are based on a sliding scale and will be assessed at intake.
We can help you decide if Oz is right for you.
YMCA Oz San Diego
3304 Idlewild Way,
San Diego, CA 92117
Oz San Diego is also a “Safe Place” and a designated shelter for homeless and runaway youth.
Copyright © 2015 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through the development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site