THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
- « HOUSING & YOUTH
- INDEPENDENT LIVING
- MARY'S HOUSE TLP
- TURNING POINT TLP
- URBAN TEACHER FELLOWS
- TOMMIES PLACE
- OZ SHELTER SERVICES
- TAY ACADEMY
Tommie's PlaceTommie's Place is a transitional living program for young adults who are pregnant or are parenting children 0 to 5 years old.
The 18 month program is designed to facilitate the transition from homelessness to self-sufficiency with an additional focus on positive parenting.
- Semi-supervised shared apartment living
- On-site case management and counseling
- Employment and educational assistance
- Daily dependent living skills education & parenting classes
- Aftercare support and referrals
Orientations:Held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday every month from
3p.m. to 5p.m. at:
4145 Swift Ave., San Diego, CA 92104
Click here to plan your trip if you need to arrive by bus
Youth do not have to RSVP to attend an orientation, but they are encouraged to call for more information and may be turned away if they arrive late to the orientation.
For more information, youth, parents, and professionals can call 619-640-9774.
4145 Swift Ave, Ste 1
San Diego, CA 92104
- Must be pregnant or parenting children 0 to 5 years old
- Applicants must be 18 to 21 years old (can be 16 & 17 if legally emancipated)
- Applicants must not have a felony record
- Applicants must be able to work and live independently with minimal supervision
*Eligibility based on current need, bed availability and screening process
Copyright © 2013 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site