THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
- « HOUSING & YOUTH
- INDEPENDENT LIVING
- MARY'S HOUSE TLP
- TURNING POINT TLP
- URBAN TEACHER FELLOWS
- TOMMIES PLACE
- OZ SHELTER SERVICES
- OUTPATIENT FAMILY
- TAY ACADEMY
- TRANSITIONAL HOUSING
Transitional Living Program
Turning Point program provides temporary housing and supportive services to young adults experiencing homelessness.The program is designed to facilitate the transitional to self-sufficiency by balancing "real world expectations" with a positive youth development philosophy.
Who We Serve:
- Young adults (male and female) 16-21 years of age (if under 18, must be legally emancipated)
- Currently homeless or becoming homeless in the immediate future
What We Do:
- Assist participants in obtaining and maintaining employment and education, accessing resources, practicing life skills and overcoming personal and social obstacles
- Semi-supervised shared apartment living
- Case management
- Job development assistance
- Education assistance
- Counseling on-site
Turning Point Orientations:
Held on the 1st
and 3rd Tuesday of every month 3pm-5pm at our Swift Ave location:
Youth do not have to RSVP to attend an orientation, but they are encouraged to call for more information and may be turned away if they arrive late to the orientation.
Turning Point TLP
4145 Swift Avenue #2
San Diego, CA 92104
"Turning Point has given me a home to feel safe and the tools to be successful on my own. My views on life have changed dramatically."
- Former Turning Point resident
Copyright © 2013 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through development of the spirit, mind and body.
Youth & Family Services | 4080 Centre St. Ste. 103, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.543.9850 | Corporate Site